The Town of Marathon has new openings available on a regular basis – please visit this area of the site often for new job postings and employment opportunities. Available opportunities are listed below:
Town Of Marathon
Town of Marathon
Internal/External Job Posting
Parks & Recreation Cashier/Receptionist (Casual Relief)
The purpose of this posting is to recruit for a casual relief person that is available on short notice to replace a Cashier/Receptionist for vacation or sick leave purposes. Reporting to the Parks & Recreation Coordinator, the Parks & Recreation Cashier/Receptionist provides excellent customer service to the public and handles cashiering duties and support services for the department at the Recreation Complex and other facilities as required.
This position is encompassed by C.O.P.E. Local 219. This posting is open to all Town of Marathon employees, and applications will be processed in the following order:
- From within C.O.P.E.
- From all other Town employees
- External applications
- Minimum grade 12 and 1 year previous experience in a related field
- Good organizational skills, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and perform numerous tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office Suite software (word processing, spreadsheet), graphics software and social media
- Working knowledge of office equipment including calculators, photocopiers, fax machines, cash registers, debit machines
- Valid standard first aid certificate
- Valid Class G driver’s license
Hours of work: Lunch hours, evenings, weekends
Wage: $23.26/hour and the training rate is $15.00/hour.
Please submit applications by Friday, August 10, 2018 @ 4:30 pm to:
Andrea Gauthier, Organizational Resources Officer
4 Hemlo Dr. PO Bag “TM”
Phone: (807) 229-1340 x2234 Fax: (807) 229-1999 E-mail: email@example.com
- Assistant Lifeguards, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Aquatic Fitness Instructors
- Rink Attendants and Special Events Workers
Parks and Recreation Department
The Corporation of The Town of Marathon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for posted opportunities. The Team Member Services Department currently accepts applications/resumes for advertised positions only and does not keep resumes or applications on file.
You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received. We thank everyone who applies but only those individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, the Corporation of The Town of Marathon is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call Team Member Services at (807) 229 – 1340 ext. 2234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for candidate selection only.