The Town of Marathon has new openings available on a regular basis – please visit this area of the site often for new job postings and employment opportunities. Available opportunities are listed below:
Town Of Marathon
Posted: June 10, 2019
Town of Marathon
Recreation & Special Projects Coordinator
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk (CAO), the Recreation & Special Projects Coordinator will be responsible for the administration and operation of recreation programming operations and services; and special projects development and coordination.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and complemented with a vacation and benefits package.
- Degree or diploma in Leisure Studies, Park and Recreation Management or related field
- Minimum one to two (1-2) years’ experience in programming community recreation activities, aquatic programs and/or recreation facility maintenance
- Strong communication, leadership, integration and problem-solving skills; flexible, with interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Strong organizational, time management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques and requirements for the maintenance and upkeep of recreation buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, experience preparing and presenting concise reports and oral submissions
- Experience in project management, preparing and overseeing budgets and grant applications
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and Public Pools Act
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities; ability to instruct, direct and evaluate employees; supervisory experience (preferably in a unionized environment)
- Ability to manage and schedule work projects, strong attention to detail
- Ability to interpret, communicate, implement and enforce organization policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid Class “G” driver’s licence and valid standard first aid certificate
- Must provide vulnerable sector check satisfactory to the Employer
- Willing to attend meetings outside normal work hours, including periodic weekend and evening on-call duties and/or responding to after-hours emergencies as required
Term: One (1) year contract with the possibility of being extended
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Salary: will be commensurate with experience
Please submit applications in confidence before Monday, June 24, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. to:
Andrea Gauthier, Corporate Services Manager
4 Hemlo Drive, PO Bag “TM”
Phone: (807) 229-1349 x 2234 Fax: (807) 229-1999 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Lifeguards, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Aquatic Fitness Instructors
- Rink Attendants and Special Events Workers
Parks and Recreation Department
The Corporation of The Town of Marathon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for posted opportunities. The Team Member Services Department currently accepts applications/resumes for advertised positions only and does not keep resumes or applications on file.
You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received. We thank everyone who applies but only those individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, the Corporation of The Town of Marathon is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call Team Member Services at (807) 229 – 1340 ext. 2234 or email email@example.com if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for candidate selection only.