which operates as a Registered Airport, is located 2.6 kilometres (1.6 miles) northeast of the Town of Marathon and occupies a land area of approximately 219 hectares (542 acres) with aerodrome Latitude N 48 45’43” and Longitude W 86 20’75”. The maneuvering area consists of one runway and a joining taxiway system and a public apron. The runway (16-34) is 1220 metres (3933 feet) long by 30 metres (100 feet) wide asphalt.
Drones Safety: Know Before You Go
Drones can only be flown 5.6 km from airports and outside controlled airspace. More information on drones can be found on the Canada.ca/drone-safety website.
You can also view an interactive map to find out where drones can be flown.
The airport is operational (an attendant is readily available) Monday to Friday, normally 7:00 am to 3:30 pm local time, with the administration office (Town of Marathon) open 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. A self-service fuelling system is always available.
Call-out procedures have been established for other services outside of regular working hours. The designated on-call manager has been delegated all necessary authorities to act on behalf of the Airport Manager.
Airport Phone: (807)229-1183 (Monitored Occasionally)
Cell: (807)228-0060 (Monitored between 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday-Friday)
After-hours cell: (807)229-6125
- The Marathon Airport is an Imperial Oil Aviation Retailer.
- Available fuel includes Jet A-1 with FSII and 100LL AV Gas.
- Aircraft parking and plug-ins are available on the airport apron (fees apply).
- Self-service fueling system is available using a major credit card to unlock the pumps.
- After hours, an attendant is available to provide fuelling services upon request (fees apply).
- Passenger and pilot lounges are in the airport terminal building.
Jet Fuel Price – $1.85/L effective May 28, 2019 (price subject to change weekly)
AV Gas – $2.55/L effective May 28, 2019 (price subject to change weekly)
Please see the 2019 Fees & Charges (PDF)