The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) manages vital social services for individuals and families living in the District of Thunder Bay. TBDSSAB supports people to improve their lives and become self-sufficient. We do this through the delivery of quality social services including: Child Care and Early Years, Housing and Ontario Works.
- Child Care & Early Years– The current and future well-being of our communities depends on the care and support our children receive. Child Care & Early Years programming invests in the physical, social, emotional, and economic health of our communities by supporting children’s programs that are affordable, effective, accessible, and accountable.
- Housing Services – TBDSSAB offers housing programs and services to residents in the District of Thunder Bay. Whether you are a single person, large family, senior or a person with a disability, our focus is to provide quality housing choices that are affordable for everyone.
Our Housing programs and services include:
- Social Housing Programs
- Affordable Housing Programs
- Homelessness Prevention Programs in partnership with local and District partners
- Application processing and wait list management for Rent Geared to Income (RGI) and Special Needs Housing.
- Ontario Works– The mission of the program is to assist persons in need to realize their goal of financial independence from social assistance through employment. The program provides short-term financial assistance to individuals and families in need and provides support and assistance to program participants in meeting their participation responsibilities under the Ontario Works Act.
Learn more at www.tbdssab.ca